Of the sweater that is. I make no claims to any planetary knowledge.
The next line of instruction in the pattern reads: “Block pieces.” I think I will forgo this step. Why? Since I knitted the sleeves in the round and the fronts and back together, there are no “flat” pieces. I see no advantage to blocking now vs. blocking after it’s all put together. Am I missing something?
I decided to go ahead with the three-needle bind off for the shoulder seams as the pattern suggested. Thanks to those who commented on this aspect of the assembly in an earlier post! Next after that comes the neck edging and then the front edgings. Then blocking and viola–a sweater!
Meanwhile, one of the orchid seedlings I bought at Missouri Botanical Gardens in February 2006 has bloomed. I bought about 15 seedlings. Of those, I have managed to keep about 10 alive. Most are thriving and probably need to be repotted. This scares the dickens out of me. Maybe they will just have to live in their root-bound pots a while longer.
Two, both slipper orchids, have gotten infected with mealy bugs. They are in quarantine, along with the Militonia. Hopefully, I’m getting these little beasts under control!
The seedling that bloomed is called Hknsa.Sogo Doll ‘Little Angel.’ For you orchid afficionados out there, the tag says: lctna.Peggy San x Slc.Katsy Noda. Whatever that means. All I know is that the description matches the flower and the flower is lovely. I’m so pleased that one of these little plants has bloomed.